The QSG workshop will take place between the 2nd and 5th of May 2023, in Villa Tambosi, which is the ECT* Trento head quartier. It will be held this year for the first time and aims to become a recurrent, yearly, appointment gathering together early-stage and experienced researchers in the field of quantum science and technology.
The first aim of the QSG workshop is to offer seminars held by young scientists and leading researchers in theoretical and experimental quantum physics. The talks will be divided between senior and junior invited speakers, in addition to further contributions selected among all the participants. Moreover we will have special contributed talks from company and startup representatives working in the field of quantum science and technology. As a second purpose, the QSG workshop will try to promote and facilitate discussions between the students, postdocs, young researchers and experienced professors through some social activities such as: social dinner, aperitivo poster session, and a special taste-tour of the local Marzadro distillery.
The target audience is composed of local and international PhD students and early stage postdocs (about 50-70).
For this first edition of the QSG workshop, we would like to address the following topics:
- Advances in quantum computing and quantum simulations
- Development of new platforms for quantum technologies
- Computational methods
- Industrial application of cutting-edge research
Senior invited speakers of this year:
- Valentina Brosco (CNR, ISC, Università 'La Sapienza' di Roma)
- Tommaso Calarco (Forschungszentrum Jülich GmbH, Universität zu Köln)
- Juan Jose Garcia-Ripoll (Instituto de Física Fundamental)
- Hannes Pichler (University of Innsbruck)
- Ulrich Schollwöck (University of Munich)
- Fabio Sciarrino (Università 'La Sapienza' di Roma)
Junior invited speakers:
- Giuseppe Calajò (Università di Padova, INFN)
- Marco Canteri (University of Innsbruck)
- Federica Cataldini (TU Wien)
- Carlos Gonzalez-Ballestero (University of Innsbruck)
- Andreas Haller (University of Luxembourg)
- Yijian Meng (University of Copenhagen)
- Yuri Minoguchi (TU Wien)
- Caterina Vigliar (Danmarks Tekniske Universitet)
- Andrea Stanco (Università di Padova)
- Filippo Vicentini (Ecole Polytecnique Paris)
Follow us on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/qsgworkshop/
Marzadro distillery website and Instagram: https://www.marzadro.it/ https://www.instagram.com/grappamarzadro/
Additional external events: during the same week of the QSG workshop (2-5 May) there will be a very interesting and famous international Film festival in Trento about mountain movies and documentaries. For the curious ones that could be interested here is the Trento Film Festival webpage: https://trentofestival.it/
The organizing committee’s members: Valentina Amitrano, Anna Berti, Daniele Contessi, Alberto Nardin, Daniele De Bernardis and Alessio Baldazzi.